Elinor Slomba — whose work coaching and promoting creative entrepreneurs is geared towards animating principles of Agility, Antifragility and Artful Making — is developing a body of stories and interactive exercises inspired by the artists she has known and worked with over twenty years as well as contributions from an international network. Elinor and collaborating artists will explore daily periods of quiet reflection to include drawing, journaling, visualization and looking at art while subjecting themselves to various stressors in order to shift towards greater antifragility.
Attendees will have an opportunity to learn more about the exercises and swap stories as part of an online community dedicated to a thought-for-the-day project, which Elinor is developing!
The conversation explored:
- The role of design and creativity
- Ensemble and the tension between individuals and groups
- Shared reality and how metaphors & stories make the tacit more explicit
- “Artistic intelligence” and “antifragility stance”
- Time as turmoil, unknown as stress, and randomness as error
- Awareness as a foundation to intuition, improvisation, and empathy at the intersection between chance and choice