Would like to invite anyone who wants to contribute a quote or thought (that fits on a single slide) regarding how Sun Tzu’s Art of War has influenced or contributed (the application of Sun Tzu’s principle) to your life and world both personally or professionally to email me (email@example.com) by Feb-24th-2016.
The Inaugural Sun Tzu’s Art of War Conference
Vanderbilt University – February 27, 2016
Why is a 2,500-year-old book still influencing the modern world, especially in America?
Legendary Chinese general and philosopher Sun Tzu wrote The Art of War over 2,500 years ago, yet his book remains relevant and timely today all around the world, especially in the United States. Three of the top US Presidential candidates Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, and Ted Cruz have quoted Sun Tzu publicly on multiple occasions. The Art of War is required reading for all US Navy SEAL and US Marine Corps officers, who are at the forefront of the fight on terrorism.
Sun Tzu’s The Art of War is the book of choice for American CEOs (e.g., Oracle’s Larry Ellison, P&G’s A.G. Lafley, Ford’s Mark Fields, Salesforce.com’s Marc Benioff, and Snapchat’s Evan Spiegel) striving to succeed in the competitive, rapidly changing global business environment. Many of today’s demanding professionals such as entrepreneurs, salespeople, lawyers, politicians, stock traders, and sports coaches depend on its must-win strategies.
Qingdao, China, holds a Sun Tzu conference every year. Now Nashville, USA, holds one as well. Never before has a Sun Tzu conference been held in the Western Hemisphere. The Inaugural Sun Tzu’s Art of War Conference at Vanderbilt University on February 27, 2016 (sponsored by Sonshi.com), features a full day of nine distinguished speakers on the application of Sun Tzu’s principles. The Inaugural Sun Tzu’s Art of War Conference is vital for executives, professionals, and students. Learn firsthand effective strategies for success based on strength and integrity. This special event is a perfect gift for yourself or someone you love.
Date: Saturday, February 27, 2016
Time: 8am – 4pm
Venue: Vanderbilt University
Owen Graduate School of Management, Room 204
401 21st Ave S
Nashville, TN 37203
Tickets: Only $99 per person
Includes: FREE breakfast, lunch, coffee, snacks, and camaraderie
- Robert Cantrell, author of Understanding Sun Tzu on the Art of War. Speech topic: “Comparison of shark strategies and Sun Tzu strategies.” Includes video presentation.
- Marvin Kramer, social activist and former federal and state prosecutor who has never lost a case. Bestselling author John Grisham wrote about Marvin Kramer in The Chamber. Speech topic: “How Sun Tzu’s Art of War has helped the fight for democracy and civil rights in the Deep South.”
- Kevin Chan, D.O., board certified integrative physician. Speech topic: “The Art of Health — debunking the myth of modern healthcare and how the principles in Sun Tzu’s Art of War help to achieve the best results in healthcare through preventive strategies.”
- Jodi Wing, education activist, author of The Art of Social War, and founder of The Art of Peace Club and Academy. Speech topic: “How 900 (and counting) disadvantaged young girls were empowered by The Art of War’s principle of emotional control.”
- Si Alhir, entrepreneur, author of Exploring the Practice of Antifragility, and business agility/antifragility consultant. Speech topic: “Antifragility and Sun Tzu’s Art of War in Practice.”
- Kaihan Krippendorff, Ph.D., strategist and author of Outthink the Competition. Speech topic: “The role of ancient strategic narratives in modern business strategy.”
- Becky Sheetz-Runkle, author of Sun Tzu for Women, and holds the rank of Grand Master in Sho Bushido Ryu Jujitsu. Speech topic: “Embodying Sun Tzu: Lessons from a Martial Arts Master.”
- Peter Lorge, Ph.D., Professor of History at Vanderbilt University, author of Chinese Martial Arts: From Antiquity to the Twenty-First Century, and founder of the Chinese Military History Society. Speech topic: “Understanding and Misunderstanding Sun Tzu’s Art of War.”
- Thomas Cuong Huynh, founder of Sonshi, author of The Art of War — Spirituality for Conflict, and MBA from Vanderbilt University. Speech topic: “Sun Tzu’s Art of War for success at work and at home.”
SPECIAL GUEST: Bruce Cooil, Ph.D., The Dean Samuel B. and Evelyn R. Richmond Professor of Management at Vanderbilt University, statistical modeler, and recipient of over a dozen teaching awards and distinctions, including the annual Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence six times.